I began loading thumbnails using AS3’s URLRequest and URLLoader in my main application file. I decided to create a package that would request/load the thumbnails, but I needed to return the data from the URLRequest to my main application. I was able to accomplish it using the dispatchEvent method.
I just received a Flash/AS3 error message:
1172: Definition could not be found
After many years of developing websites using Flash/AS2, I abandoned Flash web development for the new world of Ajax development (actually, Flash was the first Ajax/Web 2.0 framework).
I recently began to convert some of my AS2 class packages to AS3. I upgraded to Flash CS3 a couple of years ago, but because I have recently been doing a lot of Ajax development (primarily JQuery, YUI, and Dojo), I have only done minor Flash development, limited to Flash banners and other animation projects.
After a lot of frustration, I figured out why I was receiving errors when converting my flash AS2 classes to AS3 packages.